Should I accept "recycled" door from insurance company for my 2009 Prius?

Maybe you don't want to paint the door, but put the money into an account where it will draw interest and then paint the door before you sell the car. In the meantime, your insurance company should give you a lower rate for your comprehensive insurance because a car with a different color door is less apt to be stolen.

If Triedaq ever tried this with the car he drives, I wouldn't ride with him in the car again. This is but another one of his schemes to pocket a buck.

Mrs. Triedaq

Oh my, Mrs. Triedaq, thanks for the laugh!

Does he also ask the dentist for a discount on cleaning because some of his teeth are missing?

CSA- I don’t know how it works in other states, but here in NY no fauly insurance involves only bodily injury up to $50,000 and you collect it from your own insurance company no matter who is at fault unless you don’t have insurance because say you don’t own a car. Then you would collect under the insurance of the vehicle involved.

@oldtimer: are you sure about that? Makes no sense.

In Some No-Fault States The Only Time Another Driver's Insurance Company Pays For Collision Damage To Your Car, That's Been Hit, Is When It Was Legally Parked At The Time.

Otherwise, You Must Provide Your Own Collision and Comprehensive Insurance If You Want Collision Damage Coverage.

Your no-fault insurance DOES NOT pay for repairs to your car if it is damaged in an accident. If your car is properly parked and hit by another car, the other driver’s no-fault coverage will pay for the damage to your car. Except for this one situation, the only kinds of auto insurance that will pay for repairs to your car are collision and comprehensive coverage.

It could be that the Prius was legally parked and the law is similar to what I have indicated. Maybe not.

CSA