Shopping around

I may be getting another car next year or in two years…I admit I may be having a mid-life crisis b/c I want a convertable…I have looked at the mini and VW beetle and I like them both…I also want to have a hitch installed to carry a bicycle or two…any suggestions or reliable and safety of those or others??

I suppose you mean a new car. If so, you might consider a Pontiac G6 or a VW Eos. They are a bit larger than the New Beetle and Mini, and both have retractable hard tops. The New Beetle is the least expensive. The others are all about the same price when comparable equipped. Drive them ad see what you like. Personally, I’d lean towards the Eos or the G6.

The Mini is the better one of the two. New Beetles have had their share of problems. The best convertible would be a 2 year old Toyota Solara; it will run trouble-free for a very long time and much cheaper in maintenance than the Mini.

I’m pretty sure a bike carrier is available for the Mini Cooper from the dealer/factory

I have seen a few Solara convertibles and they are cute too. Thanks!!

Bigger $$, but the BMW 128i is also a good option.

My neigbor three houses down has a stunning blond wife and she looks even more so with the top down on her Solara!

The Solara convertible is only available used. Toyota stopped producing it in 2008. Opt for the SLE. It’s more Lexus than Toyota. I test drove one but decided against it because we needed seating for 5. It’s comfortable and quiet.

only prefer blondes??

“My neigbor three houses down has a stunning blond wife and she looks even more so with the top down on her Solara!”

Gee…makes you wonder why Toyota stopped making them.