Shock mount bracket


I have a 1999 Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton 4 wheel drive truck. The upper rear shock mount bracket has rusted off. Does anyone know where to purchase a new bracket that can be welded on?

thank you,


You’ll be unable to buy just the bracket, but a replacement can be fabricated by a good machine shop that also does fabrication. Before spending the money, get an evaluation from them as to whether this is advisable. Often by the time something like this rusts off there’s insufficient metal at its attachment points to weld to, or there are other rotted areas that make the repair unadvisable.

You’ll probably have to fabricate a new bracket from plate steel and weld it in.