Shift issues

my car is a manual and everytime i shift into gear it shifts fine but right as i hit about 3000 rpms it jumps all the way up to the red line and then when i shift to the next gear it does the exact same thing

I would suggest that you have your mechanic check your clutch.
I think that you have pretty well described a worn-out clutch that is beginning to slip.

It sounds like the clutch is slipping. You probably need a new clutch kit.

Tester

Yup, this puppy needs a new clutch assembly.

Thats kinda what i thought but wanted someone elses opinion before i took it into the shop. i dont wanna get taken advantage of by my local honda shop and have them tell me something thats more expensive like they did before. I did forget to say that it kinda smells like propane or burning brakes which ive been told is probably clutch. Thanks everyone for the awnsers

“i dont wanna get taken advantage of by my local honda shop and have them tell me something thats more expensive like they did before.”

Ummm…Then why would you go back to that shop?
Do you recall Einstein’s definition of insanity?
If I recall correctly, it was something like…Continuing to do something that was unsuccessful, yet expecting a different outcome each time.

If you have doubts about that repair shop’s honesty or competence, it is time to seek a different shop.

Take it to an empty parking lot and put it in 4th gear. Start like you would in 1st and if you don’t stall or it takes along time to stall. yup your clutch is slipping.

I didnt mean to say that I would go there because trust me my car will never go there again. I was just saying now I have to go to a new shop and I dont wanna get taken advantage of again, im sure I wont ive heard good things about another place I plan on taking it to. Any body have any idea on price its a 97 civic ex