See what happens when Corona virus cuts short FL's tourist season? (Massive Rental Car Fire)

That would be terrific if it was possible.

That’s quite a claim! I believe that number is a bit high and falling every minute. Please show the latest up to date source of that 80% agreement.

No, thank you. If people can’t get back to work soon, ASAP soon, there will be problems much greater than any caused by a virus.

Don’t believe me? Watch what happens in some of these areas where things remain shut down or shut down too long. It’s coming to a neighborhood near you.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

Not according to economists.

Only organization I heard that agrees to opening the country now is the WH and Fox. Greed drives a lot of stupid decisions.

2 Likes

You can test people and have them test negative. 15 minutes later they can be positive, virus carriers. That happens. Then what? Rinse and repeat.

Oh, and how does one go about quarantining somebody and everybody they’ve been in contact with for the previous 2 weeks? How does that work? Who supervises and who comes up with this contact list? Do you need a contact list from each person who was in contact?
CSA

1 Like

Quarantining IS working…and has worked in the past. It’s been a proven technique going as far back as the Bubonic plague.

1 Like

It’s not working here. I’ve seen no evidence of it.
CSA

Yes the rapid tests aren’t the most accurate test, though per a local infectious disease doctor, a lot of false negatives are from the test not being taken accurately (ie not getting the swab through the nose to the back of the throat and taking a good sample while back there). You’re taking exaggeration to the next level, though.

keep opening stuff up and you’ll see how well it doesn’t work when people ignore quarantine restrictions. Despite your attitude towards all of this, I hope your area of Florida isn’t one that ends up becoming hard hit

The last statistics that I recall listed FL as having the 5th highest number of positive COVID-19 cases in The US. When you couple that statistic with the reality that their median age population is the oldest in The US, it does not bode well.

2 Likes