Scuffed Car Door

Thank you for the followup Marnet. If the Impala were involved you might be telling us about new doors…

We’re supposed to get some ice and snow here starting tonight. As far as I’m concerned, 1 inch a year is too much. Send it all north to Tester in MN where a little extra won’t really matter… :smiley:

In my neck o’ the woods we’re supposed to get more Tuesday-Wednesday too.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?w0=t&w3u=1&w7=rain&w9=snow&w10=fzg&w11=sleet&w13u=0&w16u=1&w17u=1&pqpfhr=6&psnwhr=6&AheadHour=0&FcstType=graphical&textField1=42.995&textField2=-71.455&site=all&unit=0&dd=&bw=&AheadDay.x=25&AheadDay.y=10

Don’t complain of snow. Is dry as hell in Southern CA. I have not needed long sleeved shirts yet this year. WE will probably have to move up north this summer.

@“the same mountainbike” everyone living in regions being hammered so hard this winter has my sympathy. Bet you wish you had halftracks to drive in all the snow.

Contrary to last evening’s prediction, only about one inch of sleet fell in my neighborhood and it mostly melted when temps hit about 40 for a few hours. Made shoveling the driveway an easy ten minute breeze.

I know what you mean about the weather. It only got up to 52* today, and it was 1:00 before I took my coat off in the shop at work today. And one morning last week there was even a spot of frost on the windshield. Took the wipers almost 10 strokes to clean it off.

Glad the scuff mark came off your car.

@ok4450 Funny your comment about the Impala doors. The sheet metal of the Camry seems much thinner, rather flimsy, in comparison. It is forgivable in exchange for having had zero problems after ten months, a quite refreshing change from the Impala and the Olds Ciera before that.

@asemaster LOL You are living dangerously with those spots of frost. :slight_smile:

Glad you like the Camry Marnet. I figured you would. The number of issues you have crop up on that Impala was a bit surprising considering easy driving and low miles.

Maybe it’s an anomaly that was rolling down the assembly line when UAW contract negotiations were not going well… :smile:

I have something much better than a halftrack… a pension! If it snows, I stay home. I’ve been staying home a lot this season.

Ase, I got up in the middle of the night last night, looked at the thermometer, and it was -5 degrees ambient. It was actually probably colder, but the thermometer is mounted to a bracket on the side of the house and at below zero temps it’s affected by radiant heat from the house. It usually reads a few degrees above the actual temp.

@galant The long drought in CA and other parts of the west is scary. A news story several days ago rated the snowpack only 15% of normal. Modern transportation is what keeps folks in long term drought regions from starving.

@ok4450 Thanks. I figure the Impala was just one of those units with above average problems as happens in mass manufacturing. My brother has an Impala a couple years older that has proven fairly trouble free so far as I know. I miss the more powerful engine, split bench seat, column shifter and a few minor details but am quite content with my choice to swap it for the Camry. My only complaint about the Camry is a few rattles inside that come and go. I do miss the acceleration of a six cylinder but, again, am content with my practical compromise choice of the four hamsters engine. At least the hamsters don’t have the long lag to actually engage the Impala had.

The split bench and column shift is what I’d miss most.

Yes!!! In hindsight, I wish I had traded the Impala one or two years earlier for another Impala while the split bench and column shifter were still available, problem prone GM cars notwithstanding.

At least the shifter in the Camry doesn’t hurt to use, because it doesn’t require squeezing anything, and the footwell isn’t overly restricted, unlike most sedans with center consoles. Just wish the seat was half as comfortable as the now gone split bench seat.

so I tried using my thumbnail Very Gently again and this time the remainder of the black paint that was scuffed onto my white car flaked off easily

Imagine that, a fingernail works :wink:

Glad to hear it worked for you too!

@TwinTurbo : Thank you. :smile: