Scrape, dented and paintless

If nothing else I would at least sand and paint it. This would buy some time to decide what if anything you are going to do.

Tester, just to be clear, new car, its going to the body shop. Beaters, I’m fixin the easy ones, the rest go to the junk yard.

I spent 20 years in the Navy, so until I retired from active duty, beaters were all I could afford, and if they got a little ding in them, I just did what I had to do to make them less noticeable. Sometimes that meant a junkyard part, other it was push it out until it was close and then painting with the closest color I could find.

Thanks for all the advice guys! Sorry I haven’t posted earlier, no internet.
The car is a 2007 ford ka, not new. I’m not fussed about the result being perfect. I think it’s likely that I’m going to have another issue with it later down the road. That requires more money to fix engine related. As long as it drives, I don’t mind.
It’s the rear quarter panel. I think I will try and put it out, and if I can’t, sand it, fill it, and seal it, whether or not I can find a colour match doesn’t really matter. I think it will be a fun little project, even if it’s not easy. Never tried this before but I want to. And if I don’t do a good job… I’ll get someone else to do it, no harm not fowl, I can’t possibly mess it up further, I’m not strong enough to put a hole in it.

Once agin, thanks for the advice! Keep the advice coming though.

I like your attitude. You do want to be sure to get all loose paint sanded down so you can seal the metal completely with the new paint. That’s not just for appearance, but to prevent rust developing. If you do a decent job pushing out the dent and a clean paint job the damage won’t be very noticeable. It will look like it suffered a minor bump, as it did. Do try to get a good paint match as mismatched paint is very obvious and screams home repairs.