Safe Gas Spammers disappear

There’s an art to terrorizing telemarketers.

This has gone off topic but let me add this. We screen our calls and just don’t answer solicitation calls. When we do answer we politely ask them to remove us from the list. The person is just trying to earn a living and sometimes people have to take a job that may not be exactly what they want.

Sometimes it’s fun to pretend you don’t understand what they are saying.

Telemarketer: Do you own your own car?

Me: What?

Telemarketer: Do you own your own car?

Me: Do I sow my own fur? What’s that about fur?

… lol …

The other fun thing is to say "Oh, I’m really interested in this, but someone just knocked on the front door. I have to go see who it is. But hold on the line, it won’t take more than a few minutes, I’m very interested, I’ll be right back " then just put the phone down on the desk and walk away …

And sometimes I’ll get a telemarketer phone call that will say “Please leave a message”. So I’ll turn the radio on and place it by the phone … could be a long message … lol …

You all might be interested in this release from the FCC

Unfortunately, my attempts to try to find where these unwanted robocalls calls are coming from have been fruitless. These crooks are slick, and they know every tech trick in the book to prevent being tracked down.

@GeorgeSanJose‌, nope - wasn’t me. I think that was before my time, if it was the thing from the 90s. I didn’t show up until 2002 or so.

I’m going to go ahead and close this one, since it’s pretty off-topic. Carry on!