Runs fine for 10 minutes

Hi i need help to diagnost a 98 hyunday accent.It starts good than 10 minutes later it stalls,no spark.half hour later it has spark and starts at first time.Ignition coil is original has 98.000 miles.Thanks.

My guess would be the ignition coil or some connection to it.

Maybe ignition module (“igniter”)

Hi circuitsmith this 98 Hyunday accent 1.5 liter doesn’t have a ignition module.I replaced the ignition coil,but is still running 10 minutes,and it doesn’t have spark for half hour.Cheked all,the wires and connections like CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR,CAM POSITION SENSOR,TEMP.P.S.and the auto cooling fan,that cam on as i disconnected the wire connector from the thermostat housing.Thank you for your time and let me know if is any other sensor or wire i should inspect or test.1 more thing the scanner gave me a code,and is for crank p.s.but i don’t want to replace it yet,whithout testing the sensor itself.

OK, check the crankshaft position sensor (CkPS); but, how are you going to simulate the 10 minuets of operation before it begins to misbehave?
You could take the CkPS out and heat it to see if its resistance changes. A writer for AutoTap scantool company did this, and found that there was a heat induced problem with his daughter’s car. Replaced CkPS, problem solved.

So this engine has a coil pack? Where’s the electronic circuit that drives the coil(s), on the coil pack?

Try measuring the CkPS resistance when it’s cold, then running the engine until it stalls. Then immediately disconnect the CkPS and check its resistance.

Thank you circuitsmith the CKPS was bad.I replace it and is running good.The idle was low during the test drive but it normalized after a few miles of city driving.I called a few auto parts to compare prices and the less expensive was around $87 + tax.Not to bad.Have a good weekend…KARTING

It’s nice that karting came back with the resolution; but, what’s more important to troubleshooting, is: HOW did he determine that the CkPS was faulty? Tested by replacement? An expensive method.