Running hot

I have a new thermostat and a new water pump. Why is my car still running hot?

Please describe “running hot.”

Does the radiator boil over? If so, when?

Does it run hot in traffic or on the highway?

Do the cooling fans work?

Has anyone measured the actual temperature of the coolant, or you going by the dashboard gauge?

What year is your Venture, and how many miles does it have on its odometer?

When I turn the car on its fine. Then it will go over to hot stay for a couple of minutes and then it will go back it cool. 2000 Chevy Venture Warner Bros. The fans work

You may have air trapped in the cooling system.

To make sure there isn’t, get the engine up to operating temperature. With the engine idling, loosen the upper radiator hose clamp. Take a small flat bladed screwdriver and slip it between the upper radiator hose and the hose neck on the radiator. Allow the engine to continue to idle until a steady stream of coolant comes out of the upper radiator hose. Remove the screwdriver and retighten the hose clamp. Check the coolant level after the engine cools down.

Tester

Perhaps there is air stuck in your cooling system so the coolant isn’t being circulated properly. Bleed the air out. (Tester beat me to this.) Could be something plugging up the radiator too. Could be head gasket problem, could be a lot of things. Not enough info to know for sure.