Run Flat tires handling?

I seem to recall having read an article in CR once about the things they find a need to correct before testing new vehicles. Alignment was one of the most common. Apparently it’s not at all uncommon for new cars to be delivered with improper alignment. Usually it isn;t significant and isn’t noticed until it begins to show up as tire wear.

New rear tires may have meant they wore out before due to bad alignment? Why someone replaces tires due to wear and fails to have alignment checked is odd?

"Why someone replaces tires due to wear and fails to have alignment checked is odd?"

I hope you meant EXCESSIVE WEAR. I replaced the tires on my Saturn due to wear, after over 100,000 miles, I’m not letting anyone put it on an alignment rack.

If my tires wear evenly and smoothly and everything is in good shape, I do not have the alignment checked at every tire change.

But…there’s a caveat. I’m always checking over my car, including the underneath. And I monitor my tire wear regularly. If anything at all is questionable, I also have guys that can put it on a lift and/or do an alignment. And I do that perhaps once a year. Most people don;t have that luxury. But since I do, I’m not about to let some tire buster try to align my car.