Rotor tiller

There’s a DR store in New Hampshire. Been there a couple of times. Bought a splitter online and a tow behind leaf and lawn vac from the store…I can vouch for their quality.

I didn t see any rear tine tillers there…, only tow behind and the cheapest was 1700…

$1700 will buy a lot of mulch ,ever consider no till ?

I never did get a good tiller, just made due with my little electric job.

I do think that I will just go for the Mantis next year.
it is small enough for me to handle.

a man has to know his limitations, right?

there is no such tiller. How bad you have to yank depends on the soil condition and the torque of the tiller. I do have to agree with some here that renting might be a great options, unless you have a frequent need. Why not visit a home center that sells those things and get a first hand look and explanation from someone who knows. YouTube might be another option. Tons of videos there.

“a man has to know his limitations . . .”

Have you been watching those Dirty Harry movies again . . . ?!

kurt, the prob I have with renting is that I can only do physical stuff for short periods these days…

I just do numerous small beds, planting as I go,

I need something of my own so that it is available as needed over a period of months, and also at the end of the season in prep for next year.

DB, yeah, uncle harry and I went to see a dirty harry flick at the drive-in…, hubba hubba!!!

:slight_smile:

In this case I suggest you look not necessarily at the biggest and most powerful tiller, but one that you can handle. I only use a tiller occasionally. I like the ones with pneumatic tires. It makes it easy to get the tiller to where you want to work without having plastic wheels getting stuck here and there and tire you out before you even start.

One thing that has made tilling easier for me is preparing the soil in advance by watering the area a day or two prior , but without making a muddy mess.

I was trying to find the tiller that I am borrowing from my neighbor when I need one. It’s not the same identical model, but here is a link to one very similar.

http://www.lowes.com/pd/Troy-Bilt-Super-Bronco-CRT-208cc-16-in-Rear-Tine-Tiller-CARB/50119595

The 8 hp 1972 Airens Snowblower I have mentioned in posts before is actually called a 2 wheeled tractor with a snowblower attachment. You could get a sickle bar mower and rototiller attachments for it. Seemed a sensible way to build things. I will be using it again this winter again if global warming doesn’t do away with snow.