Rotor/Cap replacement and Timing adjustment?

1987 Integra
Just did the timing belt and therefore timing was adjusted by the m/c.

I just learnt that when the rotor is replaced, timing also affected. Is it true for my Acura Integra too?
The video below seems to say that you only are able to remove the rotor after bringing it to a position - does it mean, the timing can not be changed in the process of removing rotor - pls note that this video is from 3rd gen integra and mine is 1st gen:

Do you have a repair manual for this car? That would explain everything you need to know about rotor and cap replacement.

The timing belt replacement procedure should set the valve timing to specs. After that the ignition timing should be checked with a timing light too. No experience with Acura, just a DIY’er, but replacing the ignition rotor generally has no impact on ignition timing. The exception would be if you have to twist the distributor to get the needed physical access to remove the rotor. Any time you twist the distributor then you have to re-set the timing.

Can’t remove the rotor except by bringing the engine rotation to a certain position? I suppose that is possible, but I’ve never had to do that with any of my cars. On my Corolla it is a little easier if I twist the distributor into a better position in order to remove the rotor, maybe that is what you mean. Old ignition rotors can be problematic to remove. They can get stuck on the shaft pretty tight over time. Usually you can rock them off by hand with a little patience. Don’t use a screwdriver to pry against anything in the area that looks delicate.

The video shows that the rotor is held on with a screw and the rotor must be in a position to give access to that screw. Turning the distributor while on the engine won’t change the position of the rotor relative to the engine. So no, changing the rotor will not change the timing.

Thanks - I found the following - it criticizes the method on the video:
"Agreed better to be safe than sorry just turn the crankshaft bolt. Even safer, you don’t even need to jack the car up to turn the crankshaft bolt.

Simply do the following,

1. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left (to give you more space)
  2. Look in the drivers side wheel well and you’ll see a hole with a bunch of flaps. Grab a 19mm socket and extensions and ONLY TURN THE CRANSKSHAFT BOLT COUNTERCLOCKWISE
  3. Turn a little and check to see if the rotor screw is visible, keep doing so until you have access to the rotor screw.

When you’re turning the crankshaft bolt you’ll see all the belts/gears moving. This is normal and what you’re trying to accomplish."

I would only add to this that engine compression will necessitate that you turn the crankshaft slowly (unless you remove the sparkplugs).