Roadmaster

I am planning on purchasing a used buick roadmaster,would appreciate some reviews from previous -present owners.

Basically a good car, but the older models were very thirsty. With a V8 this beast consumes a lot of gas.

Handling is not the greatest, the car is very comfortable travelling in a straight line. A good turnpike cruiser.

Docnick has stated the situation very clearly. As long as you don’t mind poor gas mileage and as long as you don’t mind a car whose handling is neither crisp nor agile, you should be satisfied with this car. Think of a Roadmaster as being a giant cushy sofa that can transport you in comfort in a straight line. Going around corners is a different matter entirely, but some people don’t mind that limitation.

What year? Is it a 2 door or 4 door? Station wagon?

If the OP is referring to the most recent Roadmasters (essentially, a Chevy Caprice on steroids), they did not come in a 2 door variety.

For what purpose do you want this car?

Look for one with the LT-1 engine. Alot more power than the TBI 350. And about the same fuel mileage. However if fuel mileage was a concern, you probably wouldn’t be considering this car.

“If the OP is referring to the most recent Roadmasters (essentially, a Chevy Caprice on steroids), they did not come in a 2 door variety.”

That’s why I asked. The Roadmster was sold for several decades. I’m hoping for a 40’s-50’s Roadmaster.