Thanks in advance for your help. Here’s my situation:
I have a 1993 toyota sportscar that’s in practically new condition. I’ve had it in winter storage under cover. The battery was dead when I went to start it, so I proceeded to hook up my portable battery jump starter to the battery. In my haste I made a bad mistake and I reversed the connections of the portable jump starter to the battery. I only had it connected incorrectly for about 20 seconds when I noticed by mistake and unhooked the jump starter.
There is a four inch long, 14 gague, fusible link wire that comes off the positive battery terminal and connects to cluster of larger wires about 6 gagues in diameter. Luckily, that fusible link wire burned in half protecting the circuit, and rest of the electrical system.
I have since replaced the fusible link wire, checked all the other fuses that I can either pull out or see from the top and they’re all fine. My battery is brand new , just purchased, and I put it on a trickle charger until it indicated that it was fully charged.
I connected all of wires back up to the battery and tured the key… All of the electrical works such as the radio the headlights the gauge cluster and such.
However, when I try to start it I hear the starter solenoid click and buzz but the car will not crank at all.