Reverse to Drive without braking

Silverado was a trim level on the C/K trucks from '88 to around '98 before it became a model name. We used to call them Silverados back then. Perhaps that’s why they just decided to adopt it as a model???

tell her this:

You're on a wheel chair ramp and a piano is starting to roll down and you run and catch it but have to push it back up. You know how much you're goona strain to do it?

I know my back would go out.

I love everybody’s replies. Simply speak your mind and drop it. This, too, could be a glimpse into wether or not she’ll listen to you when you’re married. Just go to bed at night, pull the covers up and smile as you’re falling asleep because you know you’re right.
Most likely the CV axles may be the first to go. From the outside looking in at this, it would look like this person is in a hurry or driving ticked off. The vehicle has to be jolting/jarring/lurching.
Good luck.

It’s bad practice. I liked JP’s analysis.

You’ve made yuor recommendation, now drop it. Others have stated that it’s an indicator of how well she’d listen to you were you to marry. It’s also an indicator of how controlling you’d be.

Were it your car, you’d be correct in pursuing it. It’s her car. You’ve made your point. Now let it go and focus on her positive traits.

"If she is unable to grasp the reasoning behind it all, NEVER let her drive your car, or marry her. "

If bad driving habits of our spouses or indeed ourselves are a reason not to marry , half of we guys might still be bachelors. I’ll live with my wife’s occasional missteps as well as she’s “consented” to live with mine.

The whole reason we have to depress the brake pedal before engaging the transmission goes back to two women driving Audis.

Don’t press the issue yourself.Have your mechanic advise her how much she needs to save up for a transmission,if its the type that a computer does not compensate for stupidity.

I kinda figured it had to do with safety so that little Johnny didn’t put daddy’s car into gear and go sliding away and crashing into a tree or another vehicle.

Going from R to D is not a good thing. But I drive a manual. Don’t gotta worry about my girl messing it up since she doesn’t know how to work it. :wink:

bscar, don’t leave the keys in the car so little Johnny can do that.Keep an eye on your kid. Kids should have no access to a vehicle.Do not leave a child unattended in a vehicle.

Easier said than done, and I don’t have any kids. I can count maybe 3 or 4 times where I’ve left my keys in the car. Since my Mazda has keyless entry/start, I don’t even need to take my key ring off my belt loop.