Replacement of Clutch slave cylinder

My clutch slave cylinder was replace about a month ago on my 2001 Nissan Maxima. About 2 days ago my clutch has started to feel like it doesn’t have as much pressure as it did when the slave cylinder was replaced. The car still shifts fine but its lighter than what it used to be is this normal? Or is the slave cylinder going bad already?

If the clutch slave cylinder was shot, the clutch master cylinder is probably not in much better shape.
I would suggest the possibility of replacing the clutch master cylinder as the next step, but rather than throwing parts at the situation, first make sure that the slave cylinder is not defective.

How do I check to make sure its not defective without taking it to a repair shop first?

You mean that there is less pedal resistance, but the clutch still engages at approximately the correct point in clutch travel?

I would first suspect that a return spring, either under the dash or at the bell housing, has broken and/or fallen off. Does the clutch pedal still return to the top of its normal travel, or is there a little free movement if you hook your toe under the pedal and pull up?

Yes, there is less pedal resistance. The clutch pedal does return to normal.

the repair shop should have offered a 90day/4K warranty on this repair, at the least. Take it back and let them re-look the work they did. Part of that is verifying the part installation is working OK. They may also find the real issue if it isn’t the previous installation.

It wasn’t done at a repair shop. I ordered the part and I have a friend of the family who is a mechanic who put it in for me.

Open the bleed port on the slave and let the system gravity bleed a ounce. This may only relieve a sympton but it may give a clue as to the root cause

Take a look under the dash where the rod connects from the pedal to the master cylinder.

Is it wet?

no