Replaced Thermostats, bottom hose still cold?

I own 91 Toyota Corolla with 52,500 miles on it. I replaced thermostat with correct installation with tiny hole @ 11 O’clock degree. Temp gauge still shown a little below center and I checked the bottom hose as it is cold. Am I missing something? Need air bleed off or replace the Rad cap? I am not sure of water pump is in operating? What else do I check first?

Thank you

Peter

Temp gauge still shown a little below center and I checked the bottom hose as it is cold.

So what is the problem? A little below center on a gauge is nothing to get excited about. Assuming the gauge is correct the hose is nothing to worry about.

The lower rad hose should be just a little cooler than the top hose as the hot coolant is released via the t-stat (if working correctly) from the engine to the top of the rad where the coolant is cooled and then is returned to the engine via the lower hose for recirculating.

Unless the Toyota Corolla system is backasswards.

Are you getting a steady supply of hot air through the heater?

Yes it is getting steady supply of hot air through the heater. I felt the bottom hose as it is cold. I thought it is suppose to feel a little warm but I guess it is normal degree cold weather as I live in Iowa. I assume it is operating normal for now and I will check in spring season as temp rise so thank you for input!
Peter

Sounds to me like your radiator is doing a very good job of cooling the water. It comes in the top hot…then is cooled by radiator and returned to engine cool. If you’re getting heat and the temp guage is fine then I don’t see a problem.