Replace the body of a new car with the body of a classic car?

2 Likes

Tube chassis and modern suspension/brakes can be had for older/classic cars. Even engine/transmission swaps. It is called a ā€œresto modā€. Iā€™m not sure if a 1968 Impala would be worth the cost.

WHO IN THE HELL CARES? If an old thread is still interesting I will read it and comment.

3 Likes

Why would anyone in their right mind want to do that?

Who the ā€œFā€ beside you cares?

Iā€™m going to keep mentioning it when old-ass threads get resurrected by people other than the OP

Iā€™m not the only one who cares, because LOTS of the regulars have complained about it, when it happens. And itā€™s been happening a lot, lately

So go ahead and complain about my behaviour AND that of the others

Why are you using such ā€œstrongā€ language, anyways?

All I did was point out that a dead-and-buried discussion was revived by a non-OP

No reason to get so bent out of shape

@sgtrock21 - Relax and take a deep breath. I would like for you edit your post and still find away to express your feelings.

You may count me among those that would prefer that old posts remain old.

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œVOLVO_V70, post:27, topic:32101, full:trueā€]You may count me among those that would prefer that old posts remain old.
[/quote]Not me. They give me the opportunity to post that Batman & Robin picture!
:imp:

1 Like

As for the Batman and Robin picture. Keep up the good work !

1 Like

In the early 1990s I was given a decent 1966 2dr hard top Impala for free. The owners were moving out of state and did not want to transport it. It was a ā€œplain Janeā€ 283 cu in 2v powerglide transmission. I would have preferred a 1965 but the 1966 was similar. I used it for a 7 miles one way go to and from work car only requiring normal maintenance. The only repair was replacing the leaking (common problem) Rochester carb. The parts store informed me I could purchase a rebuilt for $26 or a new Holley for $24. The Holley was a complete bolt-on replacement and performed flawlessly. After about 1 1/2 years a friend needed a car so I gave it to them.

It is a shame so few have anything to add to the topic, there is a lot of litter on some of these threads. There is no reason to announce how old the treads are, everybody can see the dates. There should be a 20 character minimum, perhaps that would reduce the number of sill comments.

I will keep announcing how old these resurrected discussions are

Of course you will. When my son was three years old he would wake us on Sundays with the announcement ā€œthe sun is up!ā€ That is helpful, thank you.

Hey ,I need a hood for a 67 SS 427, any ideas (NOT TRYING TO STEAL THE THREAD )

:stuck_out_tongue:

There is always some sort of a hater out there.

Here we have another example of the rational of closing threads that have become inactive.

4 Likes

Maybe someone woke up this sleeping thread after reading . .
A piece on my MSN page highlighted a major project like that.
a 1961 GMC suburban body on an 05 frame with a 6.6l Duramax.
A massive amount of work and money.
------ which also spotlights the answer to the original question that many can benefit from re-reading.

it IS possible . . but is it practical ?
With enough MONEY almost anything in that realm is do-able
IF . . .
IF you have , or have someone with , the fabrication skills and materials to do it right.
Proper functionality and , structural integrity, and safety must be resulting after all is said and done.

CHA-CHING $$$

1 Like

I have moderated a number of usually-but-not-always low traffic boards over the years. Right now, I have only two, I think. If someone complains about opening an old thread, I explain to them what the BACK
arrow is for.

These boards are what I call forum boards. That means you are going to get a wide variety of comments and attitudes, which is their strong point. Excess ā€œanalismā€ can really take down a board fast.

I remember some years ago when I first started a very successful use of the Atkins diet, I was reading a forum on Atkins, and someone had some information on an old thread which could actually be life threatening, and I said so on that thread.

A moderator cussed me out for responding on an old thread. She was obviously dumber than a bucket of rocks. Okay, itā€™s her board. I never read or posted there again. Anyone who puts age of posting ahead of personal safety has no business as a moderator.

I figure board owners can do anything they want, smart or dumb. If they do not want old threads to be opened, program the board to DELETE or LOCK old postings. Most board owners want accumulated wisdom to be available for future readers. In that case, one can expect comments on old postings.

If a board allows comments on old postings, I always assume they do not disapprove of commenting on old postings.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen people do it. I think itā€™s a great idea, but I expect itā€™s really only for the rich. Five grand is a scratched fender these days. Youā€™ve seen RoadKill, with those guys from Hot Rod Magazine. Guys like that can do anything.