No disrespect intended, but that’s a pretty blanket statement… I’ve seen plenty of examples where educated people can be just as easily persuaded—just in different ways… And I’m certainly not suggesting that applies to anyone on here…
That’s about all I’ll say or debate on this one, though, because I have a feeling it would get flagged anyway…
I personally know MENSA members who graduated from very good universities, don’t know which end is up, don’t drive, can’t get a job and believe the most crackpot tin foil hat conspiracies. Very impressionable
And I know guys that barely got through high school, yet they’re among the smartest people I’ve ever met
I don’t know any educated individuals who believe in any of the crack-pot conspiracy theories like Flat-earth, Chem Trails, Vaccines cause Autism, the moon landing was faked. The vast majority of people believing in these conspiracies are uneducated (at least in science). One college educated person I know believes in a flat-earth. He has a degree in English. He doesn’t understand the science.
There is no doubt that lead in children causes a multitude of problems. None!
It is the source of that exposure that shifts it to correlation because there can’t be a proper control group.
A control group is a comparison group in an experiment that are living in exactly the same way as the test group but without the exposure being tested. So you’d need a duplicate of city ■■ where people live in the same environment without lead exposure (which did not exist) OR you keep exposing the control group to lead for 20 to 30 years to measure their response - which no one should ever do!
Correlation is the FIRST step. You can NOT draw ANY CONCLUSION from what seems to be related. Much more study is needed.
Very famous correlation someone found is “When ice-cream sales increase there are more Shark Attacks.” It’s a Proven fact. But it does NOT prove ice-cream sales are causing shark attacks. People eat more ice-cream in hotter weather and shark attacks occur when the water is warm enough for people to go into the water.
If lead decreases intelligence in children and increases behavioral problems, why are the test scores of children constantly going down and behavior problems increasing? We had kids taking guns and knives to school in the 50’s and 60’s, but they didn’t shoot or stab their fellow students and teachers.
Correlation gives you a place to start looking for causation.
ASD, ADHD and OCD are all possible contributors for bad behavior and lower test scores
Concentration can be an issue if you have one of those conditions. If you’re having a hard time concentrating and focusing on the task at hand, test taking can be a problem, and it may manifest itself in low scores
In the case of ASD, people sometimes do and say things that would be considered rude, bad, immoral, etc. because that condition can definitely affect judgement. A neurotypical person may keep their thoughts to themselves, whereas a neurodiverse person may say something out loud, which would be considered incredibly offensive
Last night two people were shot at a homecoming game in a minneapolis suburb. 55 rounds at least fired. Time to quit making excuses and face facts. Years ago toni boza was named police chief. He allowed crime to flourish and the place has never been the same. We used to store our shot guns in the school lockers for the after school NRA class. Lead was never the problem.
I was exposed to leaded gasoline, leaded paint and lead in drinking water and it didn’t effect me. I am one of the lucky ones that it didn’t effect. Lead in gas was diabolical.
Doesn’t AVGAS still contain lead? That befuddles me!