Red Hot Camry

I have a '95 Camry LE 2.2 liter that runs hot. The car has 90,000 miles on it. The problem started when I replaced the timing belt for routine maintenance. While doing this, I decided to change the water pump (Aisian brand), and all belts and hoses. The car started running hot and my radiator started to leak. The upper radiator hose collapsed and the radiator was leaking around the seam of the hose neck! I ordered and installed a new radiator-Stella brand. It still ran hot. I did an investigation and found the new water pump malfunctioning and replaced it with an ASC water pump. The water now circulates but the car still runs hot. I replaced the sending unit and sensor, the temperature sensor on the radiator, and the vacuum sensor. I replaced the fan relay. The car run hot! When the thermostat is removed, the temperature is within range. I replaced it with a new thermostat and the car STILL runs hot. When you jiggle the fan relay, the fan comes on faster. Pressure test shows all cylinders at 95 PSI. Now drivers side cooling fan won’t come on. AND IT STILL RUNS HOT!! Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

Is the water pump run off the timing belt? If so, is the timing belt on the correct side of the water pump pulley so that it runs in the correct direction?

That is exactly what I was thinking, keith!

Same here. It’s easily done. The impellers will turn but they won’t pump water.