Here are some things I’m looking for in a new car, if you guys can make some recommendations, that would be much appreciated!
- Budget is 30k-35k after negotiations and offers, not MSRP
- New or lightly used
- Fun to drive, doesn’t have to be the most powerful
- Suitable for family of 3 or 4, with 1 or 2 dogs(both 20-25lbs)
- Will be a commuter with occasional long trips with the family mentioned above
- At least 25 mpg combined, preferably 30+
- AWD is nice, but not necessary
- Somewhat frequent parallel parking needs, so nothing too big
- Don’t need a luxury brand, don’t mind brand/models with semi-premium image
- Safety tech is important
Currently leaning towards Mazda CX-5, upcoming VW Tiguan, upcoming GMC Terrain, etc. I’m actually more of a sedan guy, but it’s hard to find a sedan that fits all those boxes, especially handling the family for long trips.
What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance!