Need car to accommodate 3 dogs

I need another vehicle, a good used one or a new one that is in the $20,000 range or less. I have 3 dogs, all about 45 pounds. The youngest hates the oldest and has to be separated. (no kids, just dogs).

Any suggestions? I would like good mileage; don’t have a lot of snow where I live. Most of my driving is local. I’ve been looking at the smaller SUVs, e.g. RAV 4 and Forester, and the touring wagons, Outback and Elantra. I might consider a full-sized SUV if any get good mileage and I could get a good used one in my price range. Comments on options?

Look at the Honda Element. It has lots of cargo space and a rubberized rear floor. Dog owners love these things. You should be able to find a recent one with low miles for under $20k.

http://automobiles.honda.com/element/dog-accessories.aspx

bump

Get three Chihuahuas

“The youngest hates the oldest and has to be separated.”

I thought you said you didn’t have kids. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, another possibility is a 2009/2010 Chevy Equinox. You’ll have to put one of your dogs in front to keep the two mischievous children away from each other. Do you belt them in?

Yes, they do seem like kids the way they act sometimes. And chihuahaus, I wish I had thought of that earlier!

Element and Equinox. I’ll go hunt them down. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

[No, I don’t belt them, but should. Will get that squared away with the new vehicle].

“No, I don’t belt them, but should. Will get that squared away with the new vehicle.”

We’ll see what they have to say about that. My independent doggie won’t sit for it, though she does like a good lap. At 55#, it’s not easy to share the seat with her. The things we do for our tiny friends…