Recession-proof cars: what to buy and own for the next 5 years?

Heck, my car doesn’t require premium… just old fashioned regular. But with the short hops I do, I like to use higher end fuel (Techron or Vpower) as I’ve seen plenty of crud build up on engines being tortured like mine is with just plain old 87… For most people regular works just fine, of course…

But when your car depreciates $60 a year like mine did last year, who cares if gas costs an extra $3.20 per tank for premium, especially when that amounts to just $75 extra per year?

civic or mazda 3

both are fun to drive and get great gas mileage

we had a new corolla and it was a decent car but it was very cheaply made - everything in our interior just came apart - door molding - panel doors to the console and this car was babied and taken care of but it started falling apart - along with the power steering started to leak

it had 60,000 miles on it and we got rid of it and kept our older civic that had almost 100,000 miles because it has not broken and fallen apart. we got a mazda 3 and we love it and have had no problems and both the mazda and honda are light years ahead of the toyota as far fun to drive -

any way my experience and two cents worth.