Really inconvenient

HAD VALVE COVER GASKETS REPLACED ON 2001 SUBARU LL BEAN 3.O HO. DISCOVERED AFTER CAR SAT IDLE FOR 2 DAYS A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF OIL DRIPPING FROM FRONT PASSENGER SIDE UNDERNEATH THE VEHICLE. WHAT IS REALLY ANNOYING IS THE FACT THAT WE HAD A MAN COMING WITH CASH TO BUY THE VEHICLE AND HAD TO CALL HIM WITH THE BAD NEWS. DON’T KNOW WHETHER TO TRY TO GET MY MONEY BACK AND TRY TO FIND A MORE RELIABLE MECHANIC OR HAVE THE SAME MECHANIC TRY TO FIX THE PROBLEM?

Make sure it’s not actually the head gasket leaking oil

The first step would be talk to the place that did gaskets. It might be something simple but be pleasant with them because we can all make mistakes.

You have to first give the place an opportunity to correct their error before doing anything else. Assuming there was an error and not an additional issue and stop yelling on line. It hurts my ears.

Why be so upset with the place that did the job. Why not give them the opportunity to correct the problem. Be nice…they will want to keep a good customer happy and correct the error.
But then if you only go to that shop…when all else fails…and have the attitude that they are inept they probably won’t be helping you.

By the way. Because it front passenger side, are you sure it’s not water from the AC drain.

Yosemite

First step is to calm down.

Next step is to check the oil level and fill as necessary.

Next step is return to the shop and politely mention the car is leaking oil and if it’s a valve cover gasket leaking politely ask that they redo their work for free.
There’s a time and place to get irate and you’re not at that point yet.

Final step is WD-40 the CAPS lock… :smiley:

All your screaming is hurting my eyes!

The OP has been gone for a month. I doubt he will see the post from Frisbee.

Frisbee “hit the ground running” . . . since joining this forum, he’s participated in tons of discussions, some of which were clearly dormant

The others are 100% correct. While your issue with the sale of the vehicle is unfortunate…you will have other callers…Not too big a deal.
Secondly…YES…bring the vehicle back to the shop that did the repairs…Give them a chance to correct their mistake or problem. You already paid them for this particular job so let them complete said job satisfactorily. All you will do by going elsewhere is creating a bigger bill for yourself…because you will have to pay Shop #2 for the job that shop #1 already was paid to complete. DEFINITELY let the first guys correct the issue… Believe me…the gasket job on that engine IS NOT EASY and it is a very simple matter to have a leak after replacing those gaskets… There is VERY VERY LITTLE room to play with between the frame rails and the valve covers on this vehicle…so if you get a gasket that moves out of place or gets twisted…its VERY hard to see the issue happening while you are reinstalling the valve cover and you will only know you goofed when you see the accompanying puddle of oil after the job is completed.

But ABSOLUTELY inform and then bring the vehicle back to the shop who performed the valve cover gasket job…theyve already been paid so the correction on the repair should cost you absolutely ZERO… Thats the proper way to handle this. Also be courteous to the shop…they didnt know they had a problem…sometimes these leaks only present themselves after a day or two of driving has occured…so they arent sitting somewhere laughing at getting over on you…they just didnt know it was an issue. They should be able to fix you up in no time. DO NOT ACCEPT ANY kind of new charges in this instance however. If they need to RE-Replace the gasket…then its on their own Tab…because they caused it to fail or break or what not. But they will fix you up…

Blackbird

Honda

Please read my post

Frisbee is the one that opened a thread that was DEAD for 2 months

You will almost certainly not hear from OP

Neither will Frisbee or the rest of us