Ratcheting Adapter for Braker Bar Recommendations

I have one of those plus lug wrenches @texases has posted. If any shop has worked on the car, I use the breaker bar to loosen it and then with the plus wrench it is easy to spin it off. If I have torqued the lugs on the previous work done, then I can brake it loose with the plus tool.
The only issue was fishing around for the correct head of the plus wrench but I noticed all my cars use a 19mm, so put masking tape on the base of the 19 mm. If I get to work on another car it is still no biggy.

Seriously , maybe you should just someone do this . If this hard to understand process is too much for you then just let a tire shop rotate the tires if that is what you are doing .

4 Likes

Thanks for reminding me. I bought one of those swivel head 3/8 years ago and forgot I even had it. I think it was for changing spark plugs. I managed to break the stud though and just repaired it with a roll pin so was set aside for light duty work. Got too many now. 3/8 with swivel, with ratchet, without either, and then the torque wrench.

Not the first time I bought a tool forgetting that I already had one. At least I don’t pay the Snap on price. Still looking for my awl though.

I use a 3/4 inch hefty breaker bar with corresponding socket for removing lug nuts. I’ve never needed a ratcheting version myself. After the lug nut is loosened with the socket oriented 90 degrees to the bar, I’ll orient the socket so it is in a straight-tline with the bar, then I just twist on the end of the bar to finish loosening the nut. For the final tightening I use a beam-type torque wrench, or just do it by feel.