Radio Receiver 1993 GMC 1500

I have been trying to find a replacement radio receiver for my 1993 GMC 1500 Pickup at my local auto recycling center.

The replacements don’t work. The ones they pull and give me look EXACTLY the same. The display will light up but no sound and can’t change channels. They say they are coming out of like models and the fins on the back of the receivers are the same (point the same direction) I was told that made a difference???

What years will work in my truck?

Thank you,

Joe

If you’ve tried several radios - it’s likely the radio isn’t your problem. Check the speakers, wiring continuity etc. There should be power on a couple of the leads that connect to the radio - depending on the key position. Probably only your dealer could tell you for sure what year radios will be a direct fit.

Forgot to include in my first post that only one channel the left side works on the old radio. When I install replacment nothing works. I have then reinstalled old radio and it works like it did, only the left channel works.

Joe

Aren’t the reciever and the display/control head 2 seperate parts?

Are you replacing them as a unit (that is new head new reciever)?

Aren’t the reciever and the display/control head 2 seperate parts?

Yes, they are seperate units.

Are you replacing them as a unit (that is new head new reciever)?

No, I have just been replacing the receiver, twice. I am using my original control unit.

thanks,

Joe

Thay may be the problem.