Radiator leak

I have a leak. It’s coming from where the upper hose is connected to the radiator. The hose is fine but there’s a 3" or so connection coming out from the radiator to which the upper hose connects. The best way I know how to describe it is that the leak is coming from the base of the connector. I hope that’s enough description. 93 mercury sable

Any ideas on how to repair this.

I would advise against stop leak. It’s a metal connector that is cracked? It is where the connector goes into the radiator? It is not welded?

When this happens, it’s time to replace the radiator if you want a permanent fix.

Either a crack has developed in the plastic radiator tank neck for the hose, or the seal between the tank and core below the neck is leaking.

Tester

I would advise against stop leak. It’s a metal connector that is cracked? It is where the connector goes into the radiator? It is not welded?

****The connector itself is plastic and I don’t think there’s a weld.

Either a crack has developed in the plastic radiator tank neck for the hose, or the seal between the tank and core below the neck is leaking.

***** It’s definatley a crack in the plastic tank neck. It’s right at the base next to the radiator itself. You can pull up on the connector a bit and see the seperation.

Best thing to do is replace the radiator before the joint completely fails. The side tank of the radiator in my Blazer developed a hairline crack that was working its way down the side of the tank. I replaced the radiator, hoses, thermostat, and radiator cap since it all had to come out anyway.

Ed B.

You should just replace the radiator. That is the only long-term repair for this.