Rabbits in engine

Help! Have had three episodes of rabbits in the engine in the last six week to the tune of $2500! What REALLY works?

You can buy coyote/fox urine. Google this. Spritz some on the ground where you park your car (the area under the engine compartment). They’re attracted to the warmth of the engine compartment, as are cats and other small animals. One whiff of the coyote/fox urine will send them running for the hills. In a pinch you could try dog urine, but it is not as affective.

$2,500? What did they do?

Go to your local garden center and see if they sell something like this. http://www.outsidepride.com/repellents/critter-repellent/fox-urine.html This can be sprinkled around the parimeter of your property repelling the rabbits.

Tester

Again what did they do???

Thanks for the info! They have destroyed the air-intake sensor twice in 6 weeks - the o2 sensor once and the crank shaft sensor once! We have bought practically every product made EXCEPT the coyote urine! It has been a REAL bummer!

Rabbits? I’ve heard of mice, rats, and squirrels damaging engine wiring, but this is the first time I’ve heard of rabbits in the engine compartment.

Have you considered trapping the rabbits, humanely, of course, and moving them somewhere far away.

Or get yourself an outside cat.

Both great ideas but it is a motorhome in a storage lot - I use it daily for work and it can’t be kept at home! We are also going to try to tie-wrap window screen material to the underside of the engine compartment - hope that works too!