Question for 00-06 Chevy Truck Owners - What is this part?

I have a coolant leak coming from this hose connection between the water pump and reservoir tank. Anyone know how to describe this part and how it’s connected? I am getting ready to replace it myself.

Surge tank outlet hose.

Tester

The plastic part that is circled is a ‘wye’ that is an integral part of the hose assembly. The assembly combines the surge tank outlet and the heater outlet hoses.

2004 Chevy Truck Surge Tank Hose

1 Like

Thanks, so I would have to buy that whole hose assembly (not just replace the leaking “wye”)?

Do you happen to know the name of the whole part?

What engine is in your truck? I have a 2000 Silverado 1500 with the 4.8L engine. I replaced this hose assembly with the Dayco version, which has one advantage: the Y part is made of metal rather than plastic, but one disadvantage: I had to add a length of heater hose and a coupling in order to avoid tension on the plastic heater core fittings. The hose which goes from the Y to the heater core was shorter than on the OEM version. Dorman makes an aluminum coupling fitting, which allows you to add a length of standard heater hose using two standard worm-drive hose clamps.

If you have never replaced the radiator, radiator hoses, heater hoses, heater core fittings, and transmission cooler hoses, and they are all factory original parts, I’d change them all. I’d also replace the water pump if it’s got more than 10 years/100,000 miles on it.

It’s 2006 Suburban 5.3. You’re right on the hoses, I probably need to just take care of them all. But the Water Pump was replaced 2 years ago so I’m good there.

Nope, you answered it! Thanks, that’s what I needed.