Question about general maintenance

Hello:

A few hours ago, my mom was teaching me how to put coolant in my car. I bought concentrated coolant instead of predilluted, as I thought I would save some money. My mom puts two cups of distilled water, and two cups of coolant in a pitcher, and pours it into my car.

I’m worried that this could ruin my car… while I know I am an over thinker and that my car is probably fine, I still don’t know. Is it okay what my mom did?

This is not how I would personally mix coolant, but that is how she wanted to do it…

Your mom did it right. What would you do?

What would you suggest for mixing?

Your mom did right. Go give her a hug and thank her for teaching you the correct way to mix coolant.

Why was it necessary to add coolant ?

1 Like

No it will not. This is a case of let Google be your friend . Put ’ vehicle maintenance ’ in and you will find more informative articles then you could read in a lifetime.

@VOLVO_V70 asked the right question: why are you adding coolant? Did you have to add all four cups? That is a whole quart. If you are trying to take care of your Fusion, you had better find out why you are losing coolant
Incidentally, pure antifreeze freezes at a higher temperature than a 50-50.mixture of antifreeze and water.

Buying 1 gal of concentrate will make 2 gallons of 50/50 mix. i hope your car does not need 2 gal. maybe doing a drain/fill someday?