Quality of Les Schwab tires

No Schwab around here and the DOT code tells where and when the tire was manufactured and the manufacturers part number.

I don’t know about Les Schwab tires, but i do know a little about Michelin tires. i put a set of Michelin tires on my sisters 2007 Accord, I thought they would last longer than less expensive brands. In 3-1/2 years the sidewalls were cracking and losing air,even though there was still more than 3/4 of the original tread depth left, so I don’t think buying more expensive tires is a guarantee of better lasting tires!

Did you check the age of the tires? Did you get a partial refund under the tire warranty?

1 Like

VOLVO-V70
[…]“Also their web site shows really good support and service for the tires they sell . The only disadvantage is that they just do not have a wide spread network . For local use only I see no reason not to buy them.”.

Les Schwab has a network of nearly 500 stores in 10 western states.

The thing that struck me was not the absence of info/reviews of their “Confidence” tire; but that they use a TM’d “Caldera” company as the source–but “Caldera” is just a front–why don’t they say who actually manufactures the tire?

“That said I could go online , find tires and make an appointment in less time then it takes to read this thread.”

Well…right, but a thread like this can be informative, for current and future reference–I’ve learned alot–thx to above posters–

Our Acuras came with Michelin tires and really I was never really fond of them. I got maybe 40K out of them and didn’t notice they were that great in snow. No big problems, just thought for $280 a tire expected a little more. So I kinda stick with Goodyear when it’s time to change.

I have to assume that those tires are not marketed in Latin America, and that Schwab doesn’t think that they have any Spanish-speaking customers in The US. Caldera translates in Spanish as “cauldron”. Somehow, the thought of riding on four cauldrons doesn’t sound very comforting to me.

:thinking:

1 Like

More familiarly in the US, a caldera is the dish formed in a volcano’s magma chamber after it empties and top collapses. I suspect they are implying hot performance. You may not want to go to hell, but you might want to drive a Hellcat.

Nope… Negative!
:wink:

But their most eastern store is in Colorado . So if one moves to any state east of there the warranty is worthless .

1 Like

Who is “they”?
Did you ask the Schwab folks to rotate your tires and they refused, or did you not even attempt to have the tires rotated?

What does your Owner’s Manual state regarding tire rotations?
If it states that they should be rotated, why did you not do so?
:thinking:

(post deleted by author)

It might be more fun to date one :wink:

It is up to the vehicle owner to do tire rotation because the seller has no idea when you will accumulate 5000 miles. Did you even check the tire pressure on a regular schedule ?

1 Like

They can only do a tire rotation if a customer drives his car to their shop, and requests that service. Did you take your car to them, but they refused to do what you asked, or did you not take your car to them for tire rotation?

With many/most cars, tires should have been rotated twice in 13k miles. How many times did you ask them to rotate your tires?

Also, if the tires were worn very un-evenly, that could indicate the need for a wheel alignment. Have you had the alignment checked/corrected? If not, your new set of tires might not last much longer than the last set.

A simple web search seems to indicate that Les Schwab does have free tire rotation on the tires that they sell . Me thinks we have another operator error here .

1 Like

While I agree that the tires should have been rotated, and that Schwab has no obligation now since they weren’t, I will also agree with the OP that these are poor tires. Unless there is a significant problem with the alignment, or they were underinflated, all 4 tires wearing out in 13,000 miles is QUICK.

Have you looked at the tread on every tire? Are they worn evenly?

Oops! Looks like @asadat1122_180439 has left the building!