Put my girlfriend's license plates on the wrong Nissan

You could ask them, I can’t. Why should they need new license plates? In Nevada, license plates are replaced every 8 years, registration renewed annually.

As a registered tree-hugger and Greenie, I was very displeased at how much gasoline was burned rushing blood to a mountaihospital against a strong headwind. At one place I switched the light bar off because I was only 5 mph over the posted speed limit due to the steep rise plus headwind. Even had to use gas going down hill where normally speed greatly increases just coasting.

I get about 80-90 miles on a 13 gallon tank… The best mileage I got out of it was on a 120 mile round trip going below the speed limit and staying out of the 4’s and I mean I was babying this thing like a state trooper was riding my bumper, cause I promised my wife I would be good if we took it, and I only got 12 mpg with a 2.45 rear gear that now has a 3.91:1…

Once you reach the accepted age, get the colonoscopy. You won’t feel a thing if you take the anesthetic. I’ve had two and I felt the same leaving the doctor’s office as when I arrived. I have no family history of colon cancer and have the PSA of a 20 year old. Still, it’s cheap insurance against all the costs of colon cancer.

1 Like

I have already had a little over a foot of my colon removed around 2013 or 2014… lol

Went to the local ice cream joint with the walk up window. Came back not paying much attention and hopped into the truck. Wife got in passenger seat. Immediately noticed something was different, the dash was immaculate and mine is usually a little dusty between cleanings. Turned to look at the wife and noticed a strange dog sitting quietly in the back seat watching us. This is definitely not our vehicle! Hopped out embarrassed to say the least, fortunately high tailed it out of there before anyone came back. Our truck was three further down the row… same color, same model.

1 Like

Our Chesapeake Bay retriever, Chester, would have been happy to see you!

I was on a business trip with a large number of colleagues (we always traveled in packs). 12 or more of us went to a restaurant for fried catfish. When I left I opened the car door with my rental’s key, but the key wouldn’t start the car. That was odd. Then I got out and looked around the lot and there was an identical car a few spots away. That one was mine. It turned out I tried to drive off in my program manager’s rental car.

Could be worse, have had this happen twice, but go out to a customers vehicle and well there happened to be two of the same cars that the had the same key fit both… only so many different ways you can cut a key… lol… pair of Honda’s and a Pair of Neon’s, sad part is one Neon was towed in not running and the one we grabbed was a piece of crap with about 10 codes and running like crap… Customer was not happy with the est to repair the vehicle they thought was running ok (but wasn’t lol)… The Honda’s well one was there for a LOF and the other overheating, customer came up to me and asked why her vehicle was just running and not being worked on, I said trying to see why it is was overheating for you, she corrected me and I said good news your car is not overheating… :rofl: she didn’t find it funny…

Police can immediately get everything.
“Anonymous” is the best word I could relate. Like a non published phone number is not in the telephone book but still available through 4-1-1.
Non listed is not available to the public through 4-1-1.

Whatever the classification is called, the clerk said I was lucky to be able to find the owner.

I don’t take everything posted here as true. It’s just entertaining. When I told the police who the owner of a car was due to a plate trace, the wanted to know how I got that information. I would never reveal my source. But they don’t give that information out Willy Nelly.

1 Like

When we returned to Virginia in 2002, the DMV issued us our new plates. We still have those three vehicles, '85 Toyota, '01 Ram Truck, and the '84 H-D motorcycle; and those vehicles still have the same license plates on them…

Over the years, I have had to scrap off the piles of Month and Year Stickers that had accumulated before sticking on the new registration Month and Year. When a registration renewal comes around, Virginia offers several options: Renew for 2-years (maybe a $1 discount…), Vanity Plates ($25 extra…), and new license plates if the old ones are worn out–Virginia defines that as “no longer readable…” (I do not remember if there is a charge for this… but you would get new numbers too…).

I remember a cute story from a few years back about an older gentleman was ticketed for painting his license plates. It seems that his plates wore out and the numbers were no longer readable so he painted the numbers back on. But he was ticketed and went to court, he testified that he was never ticketed when no one could read the numbers on his plates, but now that they could, he got a ticket. The judge dismissed the case, but ordered him to get new plates…

1 Like

How DID you get it!?

I knew someone with access but that is all I’ll reveal.

Call me ocd but when I get new stickers, I take the plates off and use a razor to remove the old sticker. Put the sticker on straight, and clean the plate and area behind the plate. I also just waxed my lawn more and washer and dryer last night. Doesn’t everyone?

1 Like

I check to make sure none of the stickers are getting loose, but that glue on the Virginia Stickers and the Stickers themselves probably could survive a flaming re-entry from Earth orbit. I only bother removing them when they start getting “thick…”

I don’t wax the washer and dryer, but I do open them up and remove dirt, dust and debris as needed. I also check the Dryer vent for build up as the pipe is over 20’ long. The mowers and lawn vac only get hosed down, but I do wash and wax the outside A/C unit. When was the last time you cleaned out your gutters and have you ever climbed up to check your chimney cap. I do once a year and last summer, I had to re-mortar the chimney around the flu-pipe.

And to get this back in the realm of the automotive world, I even wash and wax the cars every now and then… And last week, I got out the compressor and topped off the tire pressure on all 22-tires (3 cars, 1 truck – their spares and 1 motorcycle…).

Opps, gotta cut this short, the wife says the kitchen exhaust vent is making “funny noises…”

1 Like

"LoudThunder . .
Stickers themselves probably could survive a flaming re-entry from Earth orbit. I only bother removing them when they start getting “thick

The same thing here I believe the glue that they use could replace a welded joint. :grinning:

1 Like

Well a couple years ago I think Minnesota switched from 3m adhesive to some other brand to save money. I put the stickers on and went through the touchless car wash. It blew a sticker off. Back to dmv, he gave me new stickers no charge but said they wouldn’t hold up to a car wash. Since then I use the heat gun to make sure the stickers stick. Heat the plate not the sticker or they’ll stretch. Maybe changed back to 3m but no more problems.

1 Like

Heh heh, back to range hoods. We have the wooden cabinet range hood and a heavy metal liner came with it. The fan though was something like $300. So I bought the cheap fan, took it apart, reformed it to fit the opening and a couple coats of ford white. Been fine for twenty years. If the fan goes, I just have to buy a new cheap fan and swap motors.

1 Like

And moroness!
Excepthat she is brilliant. (We met in Mensa.)
She was going to put her purchases in the wrong white Sentra.
Not.iced the old plates until I pointed them outo her.