Pump gas slower gets more fuel in car?

Does pumping fuel extremely slow get more gas in your tank?

Okay, it’s time to stop smoking or drinking whatever it is.

That’s what I was taught by my truck driver father. He said slow filling results in fewer air bubbles. As I’ve said before, the next fill up is guaranteed to cost more, so I want to get in as much as possible at today’s price.

I’m gonna second NYBo on this one.

MAYBE, and that’s a big maybe, if you’re filling 100 gallons, it might make a small difference. Really small.

I agree with you NYBo, it really is time for you to stop.

Oooohhh good one…

You know, you’ve really been living up to your name with most of the threads you’ve started and posts you’ve made.

Any bubbles created while filling the tank go away pretty quickly. Pour gasoline into a bowl and watch, they don’t last.

I fill my tank as full as I can get it, every time. As I’m pumping the fuel I usually lean against the car. When the pump clicks off I jostle the car as I lean on it, then finish filling. If there’s any air pockets left in there, they’re insignificant.

I read once somewhere that, supposedly, pumping gas at the quickest flow rate causes some of it to vaporize, and that you’ll get a little more gas if you simply pump it slower.

I put it down as BS.

It’s likely to get gasoline into places you don’t want it to be ---- like vent lines and the charcoal canister.

Truckers may have plausible reason to lay this claim as diesel fuel does foam much more than gasoline during pumping.

Yea, with a diesel it will foam as you fill it. You can not worry about getting that last few drops in there or allow it time to settle and continue filling or fill really slow. It was less of a problem years ago when diesel cars like mine used the truck nozzles, they are larger and created less foam, the smaller car size nozzles tend to make more foam.

Yea, it is a real non-issue. Why worry about it.

Tee hee hee. I rated your response as 5 stars. For being such an idiot, and my posts being oh so awful, you sure did take the time to respond to much more than one of my posts.

And oh no! Would you look at that? My dumb post is still one of the most talked about on this site under, “What people have been busiest talking about…”

I dont…see any of yours there.

And as a side note. Whatever happened to the really good heart-stabbing comebacks? “You’ve really been living up to your name” is something my 3 year old cousin wouldn’t even say.

Off to work I go! I hope you guys leave better hateful responses when I get back. Geesh.

Oh, yeah?

Ladies ladies, lets not fight.

I’ll give that one a 5-star as well for effort.

Unfortunately, the animated GIF doesn’t animate (at least not in Firefox 3) unless you download it and use the appropriate viewer.

If you want to borrow my screen name just let me know. Sounds like you need it more than I.

I take it you didn’t get the joke, then?

I don’t want to take anything. You can have it all. My treat.

Wow, idiot, you are really upset…didn’t mean to hurt your feelings, I guess you’re pretty sensitive. That’s ok. There’s lots of people like you, dozens.

I like how you rate your popularity by this message boards’ “what people are busiest talking about” listing…ouch. I feel for ya, buddy.

I agree with you NYBo, it really is time for you to stop.

Whatever happened to the really good heart-stabbing comebacks, you say? So true. I rest my case.