Production numbers

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I CAN GO TO

CHECK PRODUCTION NUMBERS FOR CERTAIN

VEHICLES TO SEE HOW MANY WERE PRODUCED. I HAVE A 2009 CHEVY IMPALA SS AND A LATE 2002 CHEVY IMPALA LS w/ THE

FACTORY SPORT APPEARANCE PACKAGE, BOTH OF WHICH I BELIEVE HAD LIMITED AMOUNTS

PRODUCED. BOTH WERE BOUGHT NEW, THE 2009 HAS 9,000 MILES ON IT AND THE 2002 HAS

288,000 MILES ON IT, AND ALL ORIGINAL. I HAVEN’T HAD ANY LUCK ON THE INTERNET, BUT

MAYBE WITH YOUR HELP YOU CAN PUT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I LISTEN TO EVERY EPISODE

OF CAR TALK THAT I CAN. YOU GUYS HAVE HELPED ME DIAGNOSE PROBLEMS WITH MY CARS OVER THE YEARS. THE ONLY TIME I MISS YOU GUYS IS IF I’M AT THE GARAGE WORKING ON

THE 410 SPRINT CAR OR AT THE RACES. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME.

THANX LES

Have you tried contacting General Motors directly?
If anyone would know the exact production figures, it would be them.

If you think these cars are “special” and worth more money because of the trim package, they are not…the high mileage 2002 is worth less than a grand…The 2009 is worth whatever the “book” says it is worth…And drop the caps when you post if you expect to get any answers…

You guys is not us guys, click and clack do not post here, but us old goats and young studs with interests and experience do. It is not polite to post all caps, because on the net it means you are shouting. Try asking the guys at Classic Chevys, they dont have much interest in newer cars but any three of them usually know more about documentation than ten guys on the street, and they are friendly helpful people. Or you might try to see if there is an impala club or web site?

The 2002 is just a regular LS, one of literally tens, if not hundreds of thousands. It’s not worth anything, and will never be a collectable. The 2009 Impala SS again is not a limited production model by any stretch. The most recent Impala that has any hope of becoming a sought-after collectors car is the 1994-1996 Impala SS.

Sorry to disapoint but having a 2009 Impala SS, isn’t the same has having a 86/87 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe or a 1987 Grand National GNX.