Problems starting

I drive a 2005 Jeep Liberty with about 96,000 miles on it. A couple weeks ago, the Jeep had some trouble starting. It would crank and turn over and then sputter out. I tried it again and it did the same thing. After letting it sit for a couple minutes, it started and ran fine. No warning lights or anything on the dashboard and nothing that seemed unusual. A couple days later, my wife noticed a small pool of pink fluid on the floor of the garage where my Jeep parks. So I took the Jeep in to get it looked at. They said there was a leak in the coolant line as well as the pinion system, both of which they repaired. Since then, the Jeep has done this 3 more times, usually from a warm start. If it’s been sitting for a few hours, it starts without a problem. But if I’m running errands, then the third time I try to start it, it will fail until I let it sit for a couple minutes. Then it will finally start up. Any thoughts on what it could be before I take it back to the mechanic?

Next time it does this, take the gas cap off and try to start it. If it starts right up, you have a pressure-relief problem in your fuel system.

I will try that. Thanks for the tip.