Problems starting: 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with just over 67,000 miles. It has problems starting, but is unpredictable. I had it towed to the garage, but it always starts for them. This has happened on three ocassions about two weeks apart. I turn the key and there is no engine noise, (although when it is not starting and I try repeatedly about 1 out of 10 times the engine starts to turn over and then nothing). All the lights on the dash come one and then they all go off except the engine and oil light. The battery has been tested and is fine. I have heard that this has happened to other Jeeps of the same age and model. Does anyone have any ideas? My tow truck driver suggested the starter and the repair shop suggested the ignition switch, although no one can say for sure because it always starts at the repair shop. If anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated!

What you describe happens so often. I have some ideas but I would recommend a Jeep forum for an answer to your problem. In so many makes of cars there will be common issues experienced by many owners. Jeeps are the least of exceptions.