Problem starting '95 Chevy Cavalier

About two weeks ago, my coolant light came on, but this was only when I was in first gear and when I would take left turns. I was told not to worry too much about it after I checked the coolant level and it seemed fine, though my car could use a coolant flush. About a week ago, I went to the bank and it was about 96 degrees out, when I went to leave the bank the car wouldn’t start. However, after letting it sit about 15 minutes, it started just fine. The next day was cooler out and my car had no problems starting at all.

About 3 days ago, I went out to the driveway to start my car and it wouldn’t start. Just the same click like when I was at the bank. The battery isn’t dead, the headlights still work and all. It just won’t start. Now, it hasn’t started for three days and I don’t know how to fix it. Can someone help please?

How old is that battery? I suspect a battery or charging system problem. Your local auto parts store can likely check the battery and charging system if you can get the car to them. They will usually do it for free. It may be something else but that is the place to start.

Try removing both ends of the battery cables (both of them) and cleaning both the cable and where it goes very well and reattaching making sure they are secure.

the battery doesnt have to be dead to not work, when you get that clicking noise, that is always fixed with a new battery