Problem-Fuel feed?

My mechanic tried and failed. My 92 Accord will suddenly drop in speed and fuel feed as if it’s not getting what it needs. My mechanic put in a new oxygen unit but it’s still happening. Feels like it almost downshifts–but not quite the same–the trans is fine…anybody know anything?

fuel feed Could you describe what you mean by fuel feed? Are you trying to say it feels like the fuel was cut off (like you lifted your foot off the throttle?)

When was the last time the fuel filter/air filter/spark plugs and wires were replaced? How many miles on the car now?

How long has this been a problem? How often does it do it? Any connection with the weather or length of trip? Has the Check Engine Light come on? Has anyone checked to see if there are any error codes stored in the car’s computer?

Thank you–just got back. You wrote: fuel feed Could you describe what you mean by fuel feed? Are you trying to say it feels like the fuel was cut off (like you lifted your foot off the throttle?)

When was the last time the fuel filter/air filter/spark plugs and wires were replaced? How many miles on the car now?

How long has this been a problem? How often does it do it? Any connection with the weather or length of trip? Has the Check Engine Light come on? Has anyone checked to see if there are any error codes stored in the car’s computer?
Flag comment as inappropriate

It feels like (without taking my foot off throttle, I’m suddenly getting less gas–then it will eventually kick in again–until it does there’s definitely a drop in speed. checked the filters. My mechanic said he was able to find 2 of 3 computer codes (Greek to me) and wound up replacing the oxygen sensor. Use to have the brake light on all the time even when the brake was off-now it’s the water light (altho my mechanic said it was the check engine light when he gave it back to me–and said to ignore it), but the water level looks fine. Doesn’t seem to depend on length of trip. Used to not happen so much–got progressively worse over a few months. When I got it back from the mechanic–same problem–Brought it back to the mechanic and he said he looked it over again but couldn’t find a problem and the car ran perfect for him. Strange to saysince we brought it home the second time, it’s worked perfectly for us too–been 3 days now. Hope I haven’t dragged you thru all this for nothing. Then again, if it has miraculously healed, I won’t be sorry. Maybe the mechanic did something without realizing it cause he did take it apart again.