Power steering flush

My dealer said that I need a power steering flush for my 1996 Toyota Corolla. I don’t even know what power steering flush is. What does it do and what issue you could get if you don’t do it?

It is call ADP Additional Dealer Profit. If your car needed it, it would have been listed in the owner’s manual as a maintenance item.

Why the heck are you taking  your car to the dealer for service?   Dealers are no better (or worse) than independent mechanics for almost anything you might need done on your car.  They will almost always charge more per hour and often more for parts and supplies.  They also tend to look at repairs a little different than the independent. 

A dealer may well recommend work that strictly may not be needed, but could be connected to the problem or maybe replace a part when a little repair would fix it ALMOST as good a new.  

There is no need to bring your car to the dealer for any service other than service that is going to be paid for by a recall or original warrantee. 

I suggest that most people would be better off finding a good independent (Not working for a chain) mechanic.