Porsche question

Jt, I would argue that the Carrarra GT is a world class sports car. Even if the professional racers considered it very unforgiving, it’s far better handling than the car the average street racer is driving. I don’t expect that many street racers will be given pause because of the accident…I only HOPE some of them do.

This is not the first high performance car that was considered undrivable…someone said of the Enzo that it was “the car that nobody can drive”.

Bing, I learned in the winter, including spending time sliding around on snow & ice in a parking lot on Sundays. We used to have “blue laws” in NH, and the stores were closed on Sundays. Today, with stores open 7 days a week and so much tort litigation, I doubt of it’s possible to do that anymore.

So many cars with capabilities that can’t be realized on the streets, and so few racetracks where they can be utilized without harm. Too many horsepower for daily use.

The fuel tank is located across the width of the car between the rear bulkhead (just behind the seats) and the engine. Some on Rennlist who own Carrera GT’s say they haven’t had any incidents but most likely they have gotten used to how the car behaves.

Almost 20 years ago two teen-age girls from my Highschool were on their way into town from the home of one of the girls and took a 25mph very gentle looking curve that is actually more difficult unless you go at the posted speed, (they were going 10-15mph over at least) went off the road into the trees and their car caught fire. My mom had a student who was one of the first responders and the wreck was a bad one. New development including several roundabouts has eliminated the curve Going too fast in the wrong place can cause a fatal accident.

I would NEVER let any of my kids drive in the snow until I felt comfortable. I would take them out (starting in parking lots) and teach them snow driving techniques. I wouldn’t let my middle son drive in the snow until he was almost 17 (about 4 months after he had is license).

The fuel tank is located across the width of the car between the rear bulkhead (just behind the seats) and the engine.

I had 72 Ford pickup Crew Cab. The gas tank was INSIDE the cab behind the rear seat.

A local guy used to own an original Ford GT-40. That car crashed about 10 one night on an arrow-straight 8 mile long stretch of deserted 2-lane just outside of town and was shredded; traveling over a 1000 feet end over end and taking out barbed wire fences, scrub trees, etc.
The state patrol reported that the car was traveling about 35 MPH in a 65 when this happened…

On another note, a fair number of aircraft from the local AFB have bored into the ground while having experienced pilots at the stick. Hot dogging can often come back to bite the operator no matter if it’s a wheeled vehicle or one with wings on it.