Plugging a Master Cylinder?

That is probably what I’ll end up doing if this part doesn’t work. I’ve never rebuilt a master cylinder before but I could probably figure it out. I only have a fairly basic socket set, a few wrenches, and some screwdrivers down here. Hopefully that’s enough. Tools down here are 3 times the price they are in the states.

Strangely enough my car does have ABS. The cars down here seem to have part configurations different from the states. I’ve only found one master cylinder on RockAuto that looks like it would fit my car, and it’s made by ACDelco (I thought they only made GM parts). The parts shops down here say they order their parts directly from some manufacturer in Japan. Even they say the part I’m looking for is pretty rare, and my car is the most common model on the island.

FedEx charges $100 to send a letter down here from the states. I don’t know what they’d charge for a 3-4lbs master cylinder but it’s far more than the cost of the part itself. Not to mention the part might get down here and not fit correctly. I’ve only found one master cylinder on RockAuto that even resembles this car’s master cylinder. I’ve found nothing that matches on AutoZone, O’Reilly’s, Napa’s, Advanced Auto Part’s, or CarPart’s websites

I’m showing $120 for 3 pounds, San Jose, Calif to St George’s, small box, international economy rate. That doesn’t seem unreasonable, and would quickly get you properly working brakes. I myself wouldn’t attempt to install an MC different in design than Suzuki’s specs. Brakes are too important a safety item. If I had to save some dollars on the job I’d rebuild the existing MC. The only special tool you need for that is a MC hone. I’ve rebuilt them over the years many times. Not much to the job, but sometimes it isn’t 100% successful, probably caused by the MC bore is in such bad shape it just isn’t rebuild-able any more. If I had that problem I’d just cough up the $120 for a 2-3 day Fed Ex shipment. Best of luck.