Please if anyone can help with any suggestions

harness didn’t work…
this van don’t have a shut off switch for the fuel pump you can hear it kicking on
tried switching relays when it first broke down nothing
replaced both cam and crank sensor that’s one of the first things we re placed
called auto zone for the codes that was p1193…p0123…p0118 then said sounds like you have electrical problem what I figured all along but not 100%
???
anyone know what the wiring harness is called that runs to the engine computer and runs threw out the van thinking it could be the main wiring harness a friend hooked up a scanner all it shows is crank sensor not getting a voltage and spark plugs no spark had several ppl try and get it running that’s the reason for all different parts where should I go from here thanks

thanks for all the help and to the ones trash talking my post its ppl like you that keep this a negative place to live like come on you don’t know me or my life some ppl have learning problems take your negative comments somewhere else and grow up

what could stop it from running after the dealers got it started after replacing the camshaft sensor then the next day wont start put another one in and nothing

Sounds like a break in the wiring harness causing an intermittent connection. Someone should check the 8 volt feed to the cam and crank sensors, then circuit test the wiring between the sensors and computer.

I have found damage to the wiring harness on a few of these;

The wiring harness in front of the transmission pan can come loose and come in contact with parking stops (or railroad tracks perhaps). See location S109 in the diagram.

The harness near the starter can chaff against the engine mount bracket.See location S116 in the diagram.

I’m sure that your vehicle has an Emergency fuel shut off. You just have not found it. If you stop into a Dodge Dealership and ask at the parts counter…they should be able to tell you where it is located.

The OP posted to my wall…whatever that is…about inspecting the harness plugs.
I walked all the way around the house and didn’t find a bit of graffiti ???

As far as the pins in the harness plugs go, you just have to inspect them and look for any that have backed out, broken off, or bent over.
Beware that not all of the holes will have a pin. If there is no wire to that position…there will be no pin.

Yosemite

Chrysler products don’t have an inertia switch for the fuel pump. The fuel pump is controlled by the PCM.

Nevada_545 this is very helpful thanks for the diagram
this sounds like what my friend was saying do you have a picture or where the ground wire is located that runs from the crank sensor to the computer

thanks I will give the dealer a call and see what they say auto zone told me dodge didn’t make a shut off switch only ford

Do you want the wiring routeing or connector pin locations?

Follow the wiring from the crankshaft position sensor (firewall side of engine) over the transmission and into the main engine harness.

do you have one of the pin as well thanks again this is very helpful

For the computer connector I need to know the engine size and if the computer has 2 or 4 connectors.

2 connectors v6 3.3L flex fule

SBEC controler;

I wouldn’t worry about the abuse flags though. I got one for just offering to refund their money. Once you get them though they are there forever, even after your sentence has been served.

I think Nevada is on the right track IMHO.

my guy will be here tomorrow lets pray that we can get it running thanks to all the good feed back from everyone keep your fingers crossed for me :wink:

I have to concur with the others that seem to think this is an intermittent electrical problem. All three of the codes you gave to us show that the circuits are seeing a high return voltage. This is most likely due to a faulty ground return for those points. They may tie to a common point that leads back to the PCM and may not be part of the chassis grounding. I’m not sure yet but will try to look it up. Ground issues can fool a lot of normally good techs if they aren’t aware of the situation. Your in good hands here @“mama bear”, there are a lot of savvy techs here that will help get you going back on the road again.

What about unplugging the crank sensor and plugging it back in or wiggling the sensor connector a bit without unplugging it?
Sometimes those connections may be very poor and may even test fine with an Ohmmeter as the amount of current needed to trigger an Ohmmeter is negligible. However, a slightly more than negligible amount needed to operate something may not pass through that poor connection.

@cougar did you ever find those diagrams you could be right as well he is on his way and I will give him all the info from you all so we can hopefully get it running for summer that way the kids and I can finally get back to doing fun activity’s this sucker been down since November :frowning:
you guys gave me some hope for once now all I can do is wait and pray…everyone have a blessed Sunday

Looking at the suggested service for trouble code P1193 it basically wants you to check for a bad connection between the IAT sensor signal line and the PCM. I suggest you first try disconnecting and reconnecting the connections to those sensors you mentioned having code issues and the PCM. Hopefully this is just a bad connection issue. (Faith and patience can move mountains, let alone a Dodge van.)