Please help! car acts up driving in the rain

@Cougar and @TwinTurbo. Thanks you for the suggestions. But I found the Machanic who did find the cause and fixed it.

Thank you very much.

Hi Raizada-Asif:
Can you share what your mechanic found to resolve the problem?

Thank you.

Try to clean the throttle body. Remove it entirely. Iā€™ll give u the YouTube like. It will solve your problem. And trust me. Your car RPM issue will solve.

And note there that three part of the video (I can only post 2 link)

Video is old corolla manufacturer between 2007-13. But I suppose the throttle body should be similar. Clean the way he is cleaning.

Please clean the idle valve controller like he did in YouTube video

My recommendation is that once you clean your entire throttle body with the cleaner then you clean throttle again with gasoline ( petrol only)

Itā€™s because Your idle valve controller is choked with carbon and dust deposits. 99% of the Machanic donā€™t clean the way it is to be cleaned and it goes to the Toyota service centres. Because it is time consuming job to just clean the throttle body.

Hi Raizada-Asif:
I agree that a dirty IAC can cause idle problems, like the stalling that you noted. With a 2006 Toyota, Iā€™m sure it was dirty and Iā€™m sure cleaning did help.

What isnā€™t clear is your posts described how rain provoked hesitation during acceleration and misfire. How would an Idle Air Controller be affected by rain?

1 Like

Because there is more moisture in the air due to rain which make the dust and gunk in the valve choke/hesitant to rotate freely.

@JoeMario Let me tell you still there is issue then please check the air sensor located near the air intake unit.