Please Help 2013 Chevy Malibu Troubleshoot stalling when idle and start issues

no, I have not. I dont know how to do all that. I had it at a shop for a week and they couldn’t get it to mess up on them so they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. I mentioned to them that I think it could have something to do with the air and that it could be the crankshaft sensor thing. They said they think it is probably the car’s computer.But they never got it to shut off or anything so its hard to tell. I think it has something to do with the air. Because after I had the air filter replaced, it doesn’t mess up nearly as often as it was. But I don’t know where to begin, if I should have a mechanic clean the throttle body, replace the crankshaft sensor, or what. I found another post that someone posted that they said their car shuts off while in idle and someone said the idle air control valve so I thought that could be it. I don’t know. If I can’t figure out something, then I’m gonna have to trade it once I get money from the insurance.

Cleaning an electronic throttle body.

Tester

1 Like

I will have to try that this weekend. Maybe this is a far stretch… But I decided to check my tire pressure this morning. I noticed that my tires are low, at 27, 27, 28, and 28. My car used to always ignite that exclamation mark code (!) and tell me to put air in the tires whenever they are low. My car has not ignited those codes. So I’m thinking maybe it really is the computer? Thoughts? Or am I just thinking too far into it? I know my car has always given me that annoying message to put air in tires when they are low. seems odd that its not telling me to now

Try letting more air out and see if they set the warning lower than expected.

Just want to update this if anyone is wondering. I traded this car. I had replaced the crankshaft positon sensor and cleaned the throttle body. Still had the same issues. After it shut off on me three times in the same day, I gave up.