Phantom 93' Accord problem

I have a 1993 Honda Accord(4cyl) w/ 257,000 miles and I have a problem. When driving, it will intermittently act as if it is either running out of gas or has no spark and sputter and putt and have no power. This will go on for a bit and at times when the engine is at lower RPM’s or load it will run a bit longer; however, in the end it will die and I’ll find myself on the side of the road. It will not start again. I can crank it until the battery dies. The really confusing thing is that after it sits for anywhere from 2 hrs to a day, it will start up and run again for a week or two or a couple hundred miles.
Any help is greatly appreciated; however, before answering, you must know what has been done or replaced. I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, ignitor, distributor cap and rotor(not the whole distributor), coil and wires, checked and replaced all fuses.

Thank you for the help.

Sounds like the FI relay. It is a common problem with Hondas of that vintage.
More often than not, you can pull the relay and fix it with a soldering iron.

See here:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html#mainrelay

Next time it dies give the left underside of the dash a whack with your fist.
If that revives it it’s the main relay for sure.

I have to agree with the others. It’s sounds like a classic main fuel relay problem. They stop working when the interior of the vehicle gets warm. The failure is always intermittent in most cases.

Let me suggest an alternative in case replacing the main relay doesn’t work because it doesn’t really sound like the classic symptoms of a bad main relay to me although, granted, it’s a common problem. These symptoms sound more like a bad ignition switch to me. Not the lock cylinder but the ignition switch behind it.