People don’t know how to park anymore

Sweet I’ll check into them! @dagosa

If it causes damage…then yes you call the police. The police may not write a ticket, but they can write a police report for you to give to your insurance company so they can get you compensated for the damage. This isn’t new.

Paralyze parking?

1 Like

Of course, but if you re-read what I posted, I simply stated that there are unlikely to be any statutes prohibiting bumper-to-bumper contact. If there were, most likely the majority of the drivers in NYC and Boston would be ticketed several times each week.

The crux of the issue–of course–is whether any damage was done. In the event of damage, then one should call the police. Just be prepared for a very slow response in many jurisdictions when the 911 operator asks if any people were injured, and you state, “no”.
:thinking:

All in all I wonder what Alexander Pope would have said?

I’ve driven off-and-on in Boston for over 50 years. Yeah. parking can be difficult, but in all that time I’ve never had to hit the cars of others. It appalls me that some people just bang into the cars of others with total abandon. I appreciate your not being one of those people.

It should probably be mentioned that Checker Marathons (cabs) were designed and built with solid steel bumpers on shock absorbers well before “5 mph bumpers” were mandated, specifically to absorb the impacts of these events. They also were designed with quick-change body panels to keep them out of the body shop and on the road carrying passengers. They were truly workhorses of the city.

Does Europe have a more stringent bumper requirement than we do in the states? I believe is equivalent to 5 mph there, where is 2.5mph here?