PATS problem

thanks im checking all the connections… already checked the ecu… looks problem free stll looks like a new circuit board. im going to check the transciever… well, im going to try to dry it using rice… like what they did with cell phones. it won’t hurt if i try it. i disconneced the batteries to… to have the whole system reset. i will leave it like that for 2+ days.

if it dont work ill disconnect the pcm and the other box found under the aircon blower…

What diagnostic method are we using to determine if the computerized components are good? A visual check ? Yipes. That only works when you smell something burning…it wont show code glitches or microchip failures and the like.

Oh well…gotta try something right?

Since this vehicle has a CAN Bus…did you ask the dealer if they have any updated ecu Flashes for this beast ? Could be a simple communication error on the network…intermittent at that.

Blackbird

@“Honda Blackbird” hey bud! i’m just trying a trial and error fix. i just thought that if the keys get detected every time the weather is hot this could be a problem within the wiring/circuit boards that pats uses… all the wires are intact… but there is a hot wire connected at the transceiver that is completely exposed… i covered it with an electrical tape ( but i guess that is not the problem )

and i disconnected the transceiver obviously the pats light went blinking rapidly… may be the transceiver has a moisture or some condensation, so i put it in a bag full of rice and leave it there for a couple of days.

Dealer cant find any fault codes… they even waited for the rapid blinking of pats but again no fault codes for the pats.

No worries…You sound like me… I do what you are doing sometimes. Hey man…sometimes the silliest things make problems…just disconnecting and reconnecting plugs and lines and harnesses actually solves problems…and then you can locate the wonky connector…or the board with cold or cracked solder joints…

So what you are doing is not outside my realm…I was just kidding around a bit. lol

That CAN bus crap has me worried tho…if the system loses an IP address no telling what can happen…or anything on the network causes problems. That CAN is good and bad …or Im just being superstitious of newer tech. It will be old hat soon…so…

Hope you find the problem…and you should ask your dealer if they have a revised or updated FLASH program for the ECU…a new program to run with updates…as I’m sure it has updates. Worth an asking i think?

Any luck with that key reprogramming info I sent you? Was worth a try

Blackbird

i did the reprogramming but to no avail… yeah i completely dig what you’re saying… maybe im too desperate now… well, if it can’t be fix i’ll try to swap it for another car or sell it but of course i’ll be honest with what’s wrong with the pats system… i’ll update you as soon as i get to reconnect all the plugs… i’m on a holiday right now. lol