Parking lot conundrum

I haven’t seen any “reserved for hybrid” signs around here but we do have parking spots that are for charging a EV, if you’re not charging then it’s a $124 fine (Washington State Law). In the parking lot at work the electric vehicle spaces are at the front of the lot since the light pole that the charging outlets are installed in is right next to those spots.
http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/supdefault.aspx?cite=46.08.185

"Lazy…ignorant jerks"
I would say, all of the above. You can run to the farthest corner of a lot and they will find you. My only relief has been when driving my truck or SUV with high ground clearance and park “off road” where they can’t reach you or drag their sorry car butts over a curb to do so. It’s especially irritating at oversold concerts etc. where there just isn’t enough parking. It then pays to arrive later instead of too early sometimes. Then you can be the car parking jerk…just take your oldest junker. I usually can’t wait till my cars get real old. I have noticed when I did a lot of off roading or during mud season, and drove my SUV or truck covered in mud, people tended to avoided parking next to me. Wash jobs are overrated !

Speaking of those EV parking spots. .

We have one of those at our local public library

There is NEVER an EV parked there

It’s infuriating when you can’t park in the library parking lot, because the lot is full, and there is an unused spot, which you’re not supposed to use

There should be some allowance to park there, if no EV freeloaders are using the spot

I think the policy should be something like this . . . if you have an EV and manage to snag that spot next to the charging outlet, fine. Park there and plug in. But if it’s empty, it’s available for anybody. In other words, it shouldn’t be a reserved spot.

I know its late but that doesn’t make any sense. You can park there if its empty but I can still park there if no EV is using it? In other words just make all the stalls reserved for EV if anyone can park there anyway.

Just pulling your leg a little. I think its silly too, except for the charging station part where there might be some justification for it, but if its public funds paying for the recharge, I’d start raising a rumpus over that. I feel the same way about “compact cars only”. What’s a compact car anymore except most of those stalls are actually pretty small so makes some sense.

I can absolutely understand the justification for it if there’s a charging post there. As long as the handicap spaces are not pushed further away from the door to accommodate the EV spaces. If they are, than it’s inexcusable. And disgusting.

In NH, it also violates the state standards established by the Committee on Architectural Barrier-Free Design, Governor’s Commission on Disability, as developed around IBC 2006 Section 1106, ANSI A117.1 Sections 502 and 503, and the ADA Standards for Accessible Design, Sections 4.1.2 and 4.6.

And, yet, the state violated their own ADA-based standards to satisfy the LEED environmental (political) group.

Look at it like this . . .

If you park your EV in that reserved spot, you’re going to plug in and you’re not going to be paying to recharge your battery

But I don’t see anybody topping off my tank when I park my non EV car at the library

Doesn’t seem fair, does it?

So the guy with the EV can be smug, pat himself on the back, AND be a freeloader?

Db, you have made an excellent point. I wish I’d thought of it myself.

I think it more likely that, in due time, we ll see signs saying , “use of facility outlets for vehicle charging is prohibited, violators will be proscecuted”

but that will be a good thing. it will mean that ev s are everywhere

Here’s a suggestion . . .

As far as those EV reserved spots go, where you can plug in for free

It would be cool if when you plugged in, an employee came out and said, "We have no problem with you plugging in, but the regulations state that you have to wear this T-shirt and hat that says you’re a freeloader.

And if they didn’t take and wear the t-shirt and hat, the employee would instruct them to leave, or they’ll call parking enforcement

Personally, I can’t stand parasites

I once dated a real life psychopath and our relationship ended badly. She became very vindictive and tried all sorts of things to mess with me at this time. Needless to say, I became very nervous when I started seeing her sitting in her car, idling, in parking lots I frequent. She is the type who would have run me over without a second thought and would have been able to lie her way out of anything by claiming it was just an accident. She was very intelligent, convincing, and manipulative and I put nothing past her. I made sure to make all those close to me aware of this situation and be sure she didn’t get away with something like this. I also filed police reports in jurisdictions where I was concerned.

Needless to say, besides scanning the parking lot for her or her car, I always tried to park in packs of other cars. Being blocked on 3 sides was preferred. I haven’t seen any signs of her for quite a few months so suspect she has moved on to another victim. This is just one very logical and rational reason why some might want to park around other cars or stationary objects like walls or other barriers.

A parking lot puzzler:

Here is how one NJ Jeep owner dealt with a self-indulgent Corvette owner who decided that he was entitled to two parking spaces:

The corvette driver should have been towed.

Parking lot puzzler.
The car is parked in space 87

( the numbers, as you see them in the picture , are upside down to the viewer.
Right side up is aimed at a driver coming in from the driveway. that AMC Pacer appears to be backed in. )

^
Congratulations to @ken green for thinking outside of the box!

My 81 Olds Delta was about a year old when it got key lined along the whole side while on vacation. I finally ended up repainting the whole side because of problems blending, I painted it on Saturday with Centari Acrylic Enamel. The enamel took a while to totally harden up even with the additive. At any rate it was still soft on Sunday morning when we took it to church. Came out again and someone had banged their door against it and put a dime sized divot in it. So I dunno, I have some sympathy for the Vette owner but wouldn’t have done it right up front.

I’ve wondered if someone will eventually do the same thing as happened with the Corvette to a guy who parks his Nissan GTR in the same manner. Further back in the lot and no one would even care, but right up front?

Speaking of that corvette . . .

I hope the guy’s woman (wife, girlfriend?) that got in on the passenger’s side, told him “Honey, that’s what you get for hogging up 2 parking spaces all the time.”

Seriously, though, somebody should have put a “Where’d you learn how to park?” sign on his windshield

hey! that s my jeep! except that I have black fender flares.