Parking Brake on Auto Transmission Cars

Wrong again! Nobody loses that bet. Higher learning was never cheaper than that.

The only time you should not use the parking brake is if the car is stored for an extended period. It will seize in the “on” position and may be hard to move the car later without damaging the brake.

During freeze-thaw weather, you may not want to apply the brake when the car is wet and the temperature is dropping; a frozen brake is no fun.

I think you give up too easily. I would need a little more verification of facts. In my estimation 95% of drivers that have automatic transmission do not use a parking brake. If transman posts an opinion re this issue and agrees with the consensus I will graciously concede but in the meantime will stand by my thought that as a general rule for any car I know it is not a problem. It is probably a good idea just from the reference point of keeping your parking brake from locking in place due to lack of use if you ever do need it. In fact if you have an automatic just post a yes or no here if you use your parking brake, and if you do not if you have ever had a realted problem

no
wife no
never a related problem since we both started driving in 1970